I promise you this is the BEST oven baked chicken breast recipe you can try at home! so juicy, so flavorful, with a mix of powerful spices this recipe will make the perfect dinner dish. Crisp on the outside, juicy and tender in the middle, follow along for the hands down perfect chicken breast recipe.
Spices for the Baked Chicken Breast
It all starts with spices, this baked chicken breast recipe needs a mix of 5 spices:
- Black Pepper
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Hot Chili Powder
How to Perfectly Bake Chicken Breasts
So my secret to a perfectly browned and evenly cooked chicken breast is to pan sear it before baking using a cast iron pan for a few minutes each side then transferring it to the preheated oven to complete the cooking.But before all of that you need to prepare your spice mix and melt some good butter ( or use some good quality olive oil ) and brush your chicken breasts from each side. Then sprinkle it with that spice mix you prepared before and gently rub the chicken with all that good stuff!
Then sprinkle it with that spice mix you prepared before and gently rub the chicken with all that good stuff!
What Temperature should chicken breast be cooked to ?
The optimal temperature for the perfect inside even cooking is at 165F°.
How long do you bake chicken breast at 450F°?
At 450F° the chicken breast should be cooked at no more than 16 minutes, but you should always check for a precise temp using a kitchen thermometer.
Check My Other Chicken Recipes:
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground chili
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp butter or extra virgin olive oil
- Pre heat your oven at 450F°
- In a small sauce pan melt your butter, and brush your chicken breasts from each side.
- Mix your spices in a small bowl and sprinkle the chicken with that spice mix.
- Now transfer your chicken breasts to a cast iron pan and put it over high heat and sear the chicken from each side ( 3 minutes each side )
- Then transfer immediately your pan to the oven and let it bake for about 16 minutes or until the center of the chicken breast reaches the desired temperature of about 165F°.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and transfer it to a clean plate and let it rest for additional 5 minutes.
- Serve Immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 68mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gProtein: 24g