This tuscan chicken mac and cheese is perfect for family dinners, it is quick and easy and doesn’t require much to make!
Whether it’s for family dinner or a Saturday night dinner, this tuscan chicken mac and cheese recipe is your winning card, it’s creamy, rich, and packed with flavors! and on top of that it won’t cost you a fortune to make 😉
Origin of Mac and Cheese
The original story of mac and cheese is that a person named Thomas Jefferson came back to virginia after his stay in Italy. And he brought back with him a pasta machine, later on his daughter Mary Randolph became the hostess of his house after the death of his wife, and she is credited with the invention of the dish using parmesan cheese and macaroni. After that the parmesan cheese was replaced with the Cheddar cheese. To sum up, Thomas Jefferson found the recipe in Italy and brought it back to Virginia.
The Best Cheeses for Mac and Cheese
For this tuscan chicken mac and cheese i only sticked with the cheddar cheese but there are plenty of cheeses to choose from, and these are the best cheeses to use:
- Parmesan cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Gruyere cheese
- Smoked gouda cheese
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Mac and Cheese
This doesn’t get any easier, it’s so simple:
- first of all sear both sides of the chicken breasts in a pan
- Secondly cook the chicken in the oven for an even cooking from inside-out
- Meanwhile cook your pasta in boiling salted water
- After that fry both the onion and the garlic cloves until golden
- Add the tomato, the flour, and the ( milk/heavy cream ) mixture
- Finally add the Maccheroni, then grate some cheddar cheese.
This mac and cheese is unbelievable when served hot straight from the pan and i love it with some finely chopped fresh parsley on top!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 572Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 923mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g